As a general rule, I am against cheats of any sort. However, using these
cheats can allow you to "experiment" inside the world of Marble Madness by
adding time or canceling the clock all-together.
Arcade Stand-up Version
- Begin a game, and then hold down either the 1 or 2 player Start, and press
the "service switch" twice.
- The first press will glitch the screen display slightly. The second will
remove it and give you 99 seconds to complete the level.
- This method adds 60 seconds to the clock, after which the normal countdown
- The clock will not appear to be counting down during the first 60 seconds,
probably because the 99-second display was overflowed by the extra 60 seconds
- This method can be used multiple times per level for virtually infinite
By using a CHEAT.DAT file, you can enable any of the following cheats in
MAME when playing Marble Madness:
- Infinite Credits
- Infinite Time
- Never be stunned or smashed (This cheat stops you getting stunned when
hit and allows you to drop onto lower visible platforms without smashing the
- Finish this Round Now
To enable the MAME cheats:
- Download the CHEAT.DAT file.
- Copy the file to your 'C:\MAME' folder.
- Launch MAME with the following command: 'MAME marble -cheat'.
- Press 5 to insert a credit.
- Press 1 to start the game.
- Press TAB to pull up the MAME menu.
- Select 'Cheat'.
- Select 'Enable/Disable a Cheat'.
- Select the cheat you want to enable.